No to 30-Storey Towers in a residential area
Some think that this real estate development is inevitable, that this is pretty much a “done deal”, and the best we can hope for is to make enough noise to force small concessions to the original plan. But we know that, if the community stands up, this project will not proceed or will be implemented only with major modifications.
What can I do?
1. Take notice of what your neighbours and friends wrote (https://documentationcapitale.ca/en/2023/05/20/lake-promenade-co-tenancy) to Councillor Amber Morley and email her your own thought at Councillor_Morley@toronto.ca or write to her:
Amber Morley, City Councillor – Ward 3, Etobicoke Lakeshore
Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West, Suite C48
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
2. If you agree to the posting on CapitalDocumentation.ca of your communication to Amber Morley, send a copy to David Juliusson at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
3. Sign the petition opposing a 30 storey development
4. Wear a I ❤️ Long Branch t-shirt (https://documentationcapitale.ca/en/2023/06/04/stand-by-long-branch-t-shirt).
5. Join the Long Branch Neighbourhood Association (www.lbna.ca); email: LongBranchNAto@gmail.com
6. Register (https://www.toronto.ca/community-people/get-involved/public-consultations/city-planning-consultations) to attend the June 27 virtual meeting, from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Navigate to page 2 for the application concerning 220, 230 & 240 Lake Promenade and 21 & 31 Park Boulevard. Click on Register to enter your name, email and address.
7. Post on your social media sites: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram…
8. Talk to neighbours and friends. Get the word out.
9. Contact Councillor Morley Director of operations Matt Cook
Office of Councillor Amber Morley
Ward 3, Etobicoke-Lakeshore
Office (General) – 416-397-9283
Office (Direct) – 416-338-5166
Cell – 437-225-9226
10. Plan to attend the in-person meeting of July 5th, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, at the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 101 (3850 Lakeshore Blvd West, Toronto M8W 1R3.
11. Offer space and volunteer time for an information table (contact David Juliusson at email@example.com).
12. Sign the Change.org petition: STOP the Demovictions and Help Us Keep Our Community Safe!